Monday, 19 February 2007

You Do It!

While you're performing a task to the best of your ability your friend, who is observing you, starts telling you how you should do it. After a while you say to your know-it-all friend, "Since you're so smart, why don't you do it?" You abandon the task and your friend is only too happy to show you how it should be done.

I'm not a great fan of cleaning. I do it because it needs doing. As I was cleaning the kitchen yesterday I started feeling weak. I was aware that I wasn't doing the cleaning on my own, I had my invisible friends helping yet the grease wasn't budging and I was feeling nauseous. The more effort I put into mopping the more exhausted I became.

"That's it, I've had it. Spirit, YOU DO IT!" I thought.

Suddenly I felt this rush of energy, or rather, I was energy. It felt like I had just changed gears and the car was about to accelerate. My body, the mop, the floor, the dirt on the floor were all one, moving in perfect synchrony. I AM cleaning. It felt like I was on Speed, from what I've heard of it anyway; and yet what I was being was effortless. I cleaned the kitchen and hoovered the house in no time.

Listen up Spirit! I don't want you to tell me how to do things; I don't need your help; I just want You to DO IT!

Enocia

Related articles: Space, the Final Frontier; The Weaker, the Stronger; Fitting a Square Peg into a Round Hole; Speed; Stop Trying So Hard!; Are You a Back-Seat Driver?